Faculty Affiliate Members
Facilities Affiliated Through CECG
Summer Fellowship Application
Research Initiation Grant
in Environmental Chemistry at Penn State
Environmental Chemistry Symposium
Other Related Sites
CECG Summer Fellowship Application
The Pennsylvania State University
CECG Summer Research Program
Application for Summer 2014
click here for a pdf application
Last Name First Name M. Initial
Birthdate Gender F / M Email
Local Street Address
Permanent Street Address
City___________________________________ State ________________________ Zip Code __________
City__________________________________ State _________________________ Zip Code ___________
Race/Ethnicity: This information is intended solely for affirmative action purposes and programs, including the
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Plan for Equal Opportunity in the State-Support Institutions of Higher Education, and for
statistical purposes. Information provided will not be used to deny admission. Provision of this information is voluntary.
American Indian/Alaskan Native Latino/Hispanic American Asian/Pacific American
African/Black American White American Foreign (Non-Immigrant)
Include with your application:
- Student’s Curriculum vita, emphasizing all pertinent work or research experience. Include information about science
and mathematics courses completed.
- An unofficial copy of the student’s most recent transcript.
- Short text (~1500 words) outlining the proposed research, including environmental focus and implications.
- Letter of recommendation (in a sealed envelope signed by the faculty) from a faculty member familiar with the
student’s work in class or laboratory settings. This letter should address such characteristics such as: work ethic,
maturity, intellectual preparation, and potential.
- Letter of recommendation and invitation (in a sealed envelope signed by the faculty) from the CECG faculty member
whose laboratory will host the student. This letter should describe the research project in which the student will be
involved including environmental focus and implications.
- List your advisor’s name as well as the name of the faculty supervising your research.
Letters of recommendation must come from two separate faculty members. Students are expected to give a
presentation describing their completed research in the CECG weekly discussion series at the end of the summer,
or at the
subsequent Environmental Chemistry & Microbiology Student Symposium (ECMSS).
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee drawn from CECG faculty.
Completed packets should be mailed/dropped off to: CECG 2014 Summer Research Program
c/o Debra Lambert, EESI, Penn State, 2217 EES Building, University Park, PA 16802
Semester Standing as of Spring 2014: FR SO JR SR Grad
Expected Graduation Date GPA (Cumulative)
Will you be receiving any other funding or financial aid during the summer? YES ________ NO ________
If yes, briefly explain: